UPDATE: Executive Order 202.8 can be read here. In addition to closing workplaces to non-essential employees, the order:
- Tolls state court litigation deadlines until April 19, 2020
- Suspends Department of Motor Vehicles related deadlines until April 19, 2020
- Tolls shareholder meeting-related deadlines until April 19, 2020
- Tolls residential and commercial eviction enforcement for 90 days
- Abates late fines and penalties related to filings due on or before March 20.
At a press conference this morning, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced a forthcoming executive order placing further restrictions on New Yorkers’ daily life. The order will be effective as of Sunday. Per the New York Times, relevant employment-related provisions include:
Continue Reading Governor Cuomo to Issue Executive Order Requiring New York Workers to Stay Home